Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Perserverance

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remember hearing that phrase, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." I think that can sound kind of callous though, as if we are mahcines that can automatically turn our thinking from being discouraged or down when situations around us suck, to an energized, inspired being. That doesn't always work because our emotions are involved. Sometimes we run into a wall and no matter what we do, that wall seems to stay up, staring back at us. So what do we do?

Someone once told me, no matter what happens to you, and the situation you are in, you are never stuck. There is always a choice. There is always something you can do about it. Imagine starting your day with the attitude and confidence that nothing anyone says or does, or what the day brings is going to shake you. You are going to have a great day. Start your day with that attitude, and don't let anyone or anything take it away from you. It's like what Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." and that is so true. This verse has always been a help to me, when I lose perspective and try and get through things on my own, without God's strength, and guidance. It's puts everything back in place. He's got everything under control, and taken care of. I am just along for the ride.

Romans 5:3 (NLT)
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our hope, our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home