Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Forgiveness

"To err is human; to forgive, infrequent. " - Franklin Adams

Holding onto something is always actually harder to do than to just let it go. The same is true with unforgiveness. It takes more work on my part to dwell on it, feed off it, and to labor on it. Whereas, if I surrender it and say, well whatever, what's done is done, another day another dollar, and let it go, now I don't have so much work to do. Now, even though you forgive, it doesn't mean things always go back to being the same. That takes time. Sometimes there will be a reconciliation, and sometimes not. I think once people have been hurt they are guarded, or at least more guarded than they were before and it takes a while before they will let that perosn in again. Sometimes time and space is all that is needed. But the most important part is forgiveness. If you stay in unforgiveness, you get stuck. Stuck in life, in your heart, stuck emotionally. It's no fun for anyone and too much of a burden that you were never meant to carry. So today let down your burdens, there's someone to give you rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home