Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Love defined

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." -Vincent Van Gogh

What a quote- I've never thought of loving people as an art, but when you think about it, it's pretty true. Art is something that needs a lot of care, gentleness patience, and practice, if that art is going to be worth something. And sometimes, it takes even more of an art to love people when they are doing or being something other than lovely! It takes an art to look and see past their "junk" and see the best in them. But that's how God sees us, hence the quote at the very tope of my blog. whenever I am confused about the right way to treat someone or if I am at my end with someone, I read this verse and it always brings me back to the true guide in how to love people.

1 Corinthians 13:

Love never gives up,
Love cares more for others than for self,
Love is not jealous and does not want what it doesn't have,
Love doesn't strut,
Love does not demand its own way,
Is not irritable, and does not force itself on others,
It keeps no record of when it has been wronged,
Isn't always "me first",
Doesn't fly off the handle,
It is never glad about injustice but is glad whenever the truth wins out,
Love trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Love puts up with anything,
It never gives up, never loses faith,
Is always hopeful, and
It endures through every circumstance.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To love somone means realizing that the other person is not perfect...putting emphasis on what you love, and accepting that person for the individual they are.

    We should practice this we would find we have many loves.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    Yeah, I totally agree. That's why my favorite quote is the one right at the top of this site. That the greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for oursleves, or rather, in spite of ourselves. Thanks for checkin this out wolfwhisper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home