Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Integrity

The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching.

This metaphor refers to the integrity of a sport's player, but really the truth in this statment could also be applicable anywhere in life. When I am at work, the job God has provided and entrusted to me to do the best job I know how to do, not just once in a while, but every day...even when the boss and management is not watching, am I consistent? Do I work just as hard? even if I know no recognition will come from it, am I still willing to go that extra mile for my residents, in my daily workload?

Or in my prayer and worship life...am I willing to pray and worship just as hard and fervently at home alone in my room, or in my garage with my guitar, as I do on Sunday mornings in front of my congregation, pastors, and other Christian friends?

Is my integrity consistent? Is yours? If it is not, than it really isn't integrity at all, but merely the appearance of what you want others and yourself to believe.

In the end, you have nothing to prove to anyone...you don't have to explain yourself or answer to ANYONE...except God. Wow, now right there, that takes a lot of pressure off me, that I tend to put on myself way too often. Now if only I could remember that on a daily, sometimes hourly basis!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    Thanks...I love those moments of clarity or revelationt that God brins you out of the blue and you're like, Whoa, that's cool! never would have come up with that on my own!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home