Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

There's something inside all of us

"I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry." -Maxine Waters

What is it in us that sometimes makes us want to hurt others? We have all done it, we have all said something to someone, knowing deep inside that what we say is going to either make them angry or hurt them. Why do we do that?

I think sometimes, people, including myself don't let themselves feel angry, they're afraid of it. Afriad they may hold on to it too long, or feel like they shouldn't feel angry, like it's not ok.

God can't deal with a feeling or a situation that we don't acknowledge, and he can't deal with a feeling we wish we had. He can only deal with and heal what we do acknowledge and what we are really feeling. He is not fake. He's real.

That's where I'm at today.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm praying for you lil sister!!
    Jesus shines through you!!!
    Aimee

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jac said…

    Thanks Aimee! You're the best!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes people say things because deep down they have been hurt by someone and they lash out at others so they will feel the pain they are feeling. They don't do it intentionally I don't think. There is always a reason why things happend. Even though we may not understand it We learn by it. Sometimes we take a good long hard look at ourselves and it's funny but we see what they see. I know how it feels to have your feelings hurt and how it disheartens you so badly that you cry. I know that sometimes words are a very powerful tool for us to use on others. I also know that it is very hard to forgive at times then we forget and realize it just wasn't worth all the emotion and pain. Humans don't seem to take inaccount of what others are feeling. We are to fast to judge and single out.
    Jacque, you are one of the special ones, Your talent, commitment, loyality and your heart tells me that you are strong and understanding, Life isn't always fair But God is and as long as we have his blessing that is all we need. He is there at every turn in our lives helping us to get through all the turmoil. He is the only one you have to impress my friend.

    "Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil."
    -- Baltasar Gracian (1647)

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    Thanks Wolfwhisper - that's actuallya really good and important reminder that I need to keep in mind. Thanks for the encouragement, that means a lot. Sometimes things just take a little time, and even in forgiveness, sometimes a relationship or friendship won't be the same. Sometimes it will. Time will tell.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    Luke,

    Hi, no of course it wasn't you, dont' worry! Have fun at the youth conference! Hope your trench training went well! Yeah, get in touch with me when you get back and I'll fill you in :). Have an awesome time! I hope you get inspiration so you don't have "No Inspiration!"- J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home