Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Noncomformity

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are a few people in my life, a rare few that are an absolute inspiration to me in that they are who they are, no excuses. What you see is what you get, and they don't mince words. They will tell it like it is and they stay true to who they are, without wavering.

You know who else was like that was Jesus. He never felt like he had to answer to anyone or prove anything, except to the Father. He stayed true to himself no matter what anyone said or did to Him. He never made excuses for why he was a certain way, He just was who He was. He was not insecure. He was confident, and I think that is one of the mysteries that drew people to Him. They were curious about Him. There had never been anyone like Him before. And now, we get the awesome privelege that everything that Christ had/has, we can also have. Because when we have accepted Him, we receive all of that- it gets put into us!

My prayer is that I would allow everything that God has imparted into me, to be expressed freely and securely. Lord, may it not be my pride or ego that gets in the way, but put your security and confidence in me that I can do and be anything that is deep in my heart. That no fear of man or what people will think of me would ever hold me back.

My early New Year's Resolution is that starting today, and I will take it day by day (I know it doesn't happen automatically) I will not care what other people think about who I am. If I am misunderstood, which I hate to be, the fact is, sometimes, I will be, and that's ok, because I have nothing to prove. We are all judged, everyday, by what we look like, act like, what we do and say, and if someone thinks something about me that is totally off the wall, or they say something that is totally off the charts, what's done is done. I am who I am, no excuses. I speak this resolution or revolution rather, in faith, so hopefully 1-6 months from now, this will not just be a pipe dream or wishful thinking on my part, but a reality that I am living...living true to myself and God. It is easier for me to put thoughts down in written words than to say it, and it can be pretty therapeutic. This blog started to be for other people, anyone who wanted to read it. But I know part of it is just for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    I know and sometimes it just hits you fresh as if you've heard it for the first time. It's like your mind hears it, but it really has to penetrate your heart to get inside and sink in. Day by day, sometimes hour by hour!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home