Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thankfulness

"Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies."
Charles Jefferson

A friend of mine was having a bad day and being pretty grumpy and she just had this notion that she needed to sit down and literally write down all that she was thankful for, to change her attitude. Well the first few things, were pretty surfacy and obvious, and her attitude did not change. By page 3 of filled thanks, her persepctive and attitude had done a 180 degree turn.

I tried that the other night. sitting out on my patio, bundled up, cause it was just a little chilly, and had my journal out and being out there was just going to be between me and God. I took a break from all my other worries or thoughts and just thanked Him for everything- everything he's done and given, and all that he has been to me. I tell you what, you try that, and you can't help but feel an amazing gratitude towards God. It is a very humbling and eye-opening exercise.

So thanks God, for EVERYTHING you give and dor for me every day, but more importantly, who you are to me- you have ALWAYS been there, and are always there. Thank you Lord. Thank you.

Try it...just see what happens. If it doesn't happen right away, keep thanking until it does, because it just means your heart hasn't caught up with your mind yet!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Jac said…

    Thanks, although It would have been SO much easier to just text that quick, instead of getting on the comnputer posting it, etc.. just kidding you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home