Me&MyGuitar

The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. I bring you my thoughts on life, songs from my guitar, and a personal experiences to hopefully inspire and encourage. These ramblings come from my own encounters with a God so faithful to me by showing me everyday the best way to live...by His grace.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's Been a While...

I can't help but sing that alternative song that starts out with those words- and for the life of me I can't remember who does it. A little help anyone?

Anyway, it's been a LONG time since i last posted. 2 years actually. I started blogging on my myspace account, but that kind of tapped out as well. SO, I thought why don't I start fresh and try and keep at least a weekly update...or 2 weeks...so here goes, I'll give it a shot! First, let me update on what's gone on in 2 years...a whole lot!

2 years ago:

-I went to Africa
-I was working in HR at a retirement community
-I was playing music a lot in cafes and bars in Tempe, mostly.
-Just started the youth band at my church
-Was taking a class at a time to continue my ministry education.

Now:

-I went back to New Zealand last October :)
-I'm working as the Community Relations Director for the same retirement community
-I haven't been playing out as much, as a lot of my church activities have increased.
-The youth band is doing great! These kids are good kids, and I have that awesome privilege of speaking into their lives musically and spiritually every week!
-Just finished another class, and have enrolled and been accepted to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding, CA. I'll be moving there in late August.

I cannot tell you how excited I am!!! I've been reading Bill Johnson's book, When Heaven Invades Earth (He's the sneior pastor and founder of the school), andit has been faith building and challenging for me. I'll get into a little more in the next post. But I just wanted to give a quick update on life and will continue to try and update it as often as I can!

Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home